As found on https://trollingeffects.org/call
Tell Your Representative to Vote for the Innovation Act
Dial the number above, you’ll be prompted for your zip code, and you will be connected to your Congressperson. Urge your representative to take a stand against patent trolls and vote for the Innovation Act (H.R. 3309) this week.
- “Hello. I am one of your constituents, and I am calling you in support of H.R. 3309, the Innovation Act. The Innovation Act goes a long way to fight patent trolls, bad actors who are taking advantage of the patent system and are a drain on our economy. Please vote in favor of the Innovation Act this week.”
- If you’d like, mention a few words on why you support legislation combating trolls (Has a troll harmed your business? Another business in your district? Do you worry about the threat of patent trolls?)
- After your call, be sure to share this page on Twitter, on Facebook, and on other social networks.
Don’t want to give a call? You can email your representative using EFF’s Action Center.
The details: this week, the House of Representatives will vote on the Innovation Act of 2013 (H.R. 3309), the best troll-killing bill we’ve seen yet. The Innovation Act will make life harder for the trolls by:
- making it easier and cheaper to fight against the trolls in court
- requiring trolls to make their cases for infringement publicly and with specifics
- protecting end users and consumers when they face suits from patent trolls
This bill has bipartisan support, and the Judiciary Committee sent to it to the House floor with overwhelming approval. But most elected officials do not understand how dramatically trolls threaten the American innovation economy. Jobs are lost, companies shuttered, and they cost our country $29 billion dollars per year. Your call right now is vitally important.